This tutorial provides a step-by-step guide on how to install LineageOS 14.1 on a Blu R1 HD device. The tutorial starts with an overview of what LineageOS is and the features of Android 7.1.2 Nougat. It then lists the pre-requisites for installing LineageOS 14.1 on a Blu R1 HD device, such as unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP recovery.
Lineage OS is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablets, based on the Android mobile platform. It was created after the discontinuation of CyanogenMod, which was also an open-source Android-based mobile operating system. Lineage OS aims to provide users with a clean and stable version of Android, without the bloatware and unnecessary customizations that are often added by device manufacturers.
Blu R1 HD is an Android-based smartphone released by BLU Products, a company based in Miami, Florida. The phone was released in 2016 and features a 5-inch HD display, 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 8GB of internal storage (expandable via microSD), and 1GB of RAM. It originally came with Amazon’s version of Android, which included a lot of Amazon apps and services pre-installed.
If you are interested in installing an unofficial build of Lineage OS 14.1 on your Blu R1 HD, you should be aware that unofficial builds may have bugs and may not be as stable as official builds. Also, installing custom ROMs on your device can void your warranty and can potentially brick your device if not done correctly. Therefore, it’s important to do your research and follow the installation instructions carefully.
The main part of the tutorial outlines the steps to install LineageOS 14.1 on a Blu R1 HD device, which includes downloading the ROM and GApps packages, transferring the files to the device, booting into TWRP recovery, taking a backup, wiping data, and installing the LineageOS ROM and GApps. The tutorial concludes with a reminder to backup data and follow the pre-requisites carefully, and a note on the benefits of installing LineageOS 14.1.
What is LineageOS?
LineageOS is an open-source operating system based on the Android operating system. It was created in 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. stopped supporting the CyanogenMod project. The main goal of LineageOS is to provide a free and open-source software alternative to the pre-installed operating system on smartphones and other devices.
LineageOS is developed by a community of developers who work on a volunteer basis. The operating system is free to use and can be installed on a wide range of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
One of the advantages of using LineageOS is that it provides users with greater control over their devices. Users can customize the operating system to their liking and remove any pre-installed software that they don’t need.
LineageOS is also known for its security features. The operating system is designed to protect users’ data and privacy. It includes features like Privacy Guard, which allows users to control app permissions, and Trust, which allows users to verify the integrity of the operating system.
Overall, LineageOS is a great option for users who want a free and open-source operating system that gives them greater control over their devices.
What is in Android 7.1.2 Nougat and its features?
Android 7.1.2 Nougat is a version of the Android operating system that was released in April 2017. It includes a number of new features and improvements over previous versions of Android. Some of the key features of Android 7.1.2 Nougat include:
- Multi-window support: This feature allows users to run two apps side-by-side on the same screen.
- Notification enhancements: Android 7.1.2 Nougat includes a number of enhancements to the notification system, including the ability to reply to messages directly from the notification shade.
- Improved battery life: Android 7.1.2 Nougat includes a number of improvements to the way the operating system manages battery life, including Doze mode, which helps to extend battery life when the device is not in use.
- Better performance: Android 7.1.2 Nougat includes a number of performance enhancements, including improved app startup times and faster app switching.
- Google Assistant: Android 7.1.2 Nougat includes Google Assistant, a voice-activated personal assistant that can help users with a variety of tasks.
- Daydream VR: Android 7.1.2 Nougat includes support for Daydream VR, Google’s virtual reality platform.
Before you can install LineageOS 14.1 on your Blu R1 HD, there are a few pre-requisites that you need to take care of:
- Backup your data: Before you start the installation process, it’s important to backup your data. This includes your contacts, photos, and any other important files that you have on your device.
- Unlock the bootloader: In order to install LineageOS 14.1, you need to unlock the bootloader on your device. This can be done by following the instructions on the official Android website.
- Install TWRP recovery: You also need to install TWRP recovery on your device. TWRP is a custom recovery that allows you to install custom ROMs like LineageOS. You can download TWRP for your device from the official TWRP website.
- Download the LineageOS ROM: Finally, you need to download the LineageOS ROM for your device. You can download the ROM from the official LineageOS website.
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Blu R1 HD (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
Here are the steps to install Lineage OS 14.1 on your Blu R1 HD:
- Download the LineageOS ROM and GApps: Visit the official LineageOS website and download the latest version of the ROM for your device. Also, download the Google Apps (GApps) package for Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
- Transfer files to your device: Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable and transfer the LineageOS ROM and GApps packages to your device’s internal storage or SD card.
- Boot into TWRP recovery: Turn off your device and then press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together until you see the bootloader screen. Use the Volume Up and Down keys to navigate to the “Recovery” option and then press the Power button to select it. This will boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Take a backup: Once you are in TWRP recovery, take a backup of your current ROM. This will allow you to restore your device to its previous state if anything goes wrong during the installation process.
- Wipe data: In TWRP recovery, select the “Wipe” option and then swipe the slider to wipe your device’s data, cache, and Dalvik cache.
- Install LineageOS ROM: After wiping the data, select the “Install” option and navigate to the LineageOS ROM file that you transferred to your device earlier. Select the file and then swipe the slider to confirm the installation.
- Install GApps: After installing the LineageOS ROM, go back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and select the “Install” option again. This time, navigate to the GApps package that you transferred to your device and install it in the same way as you installed the LineageOS ROM.
- Reboot your device: Once you have installed both the LineageOS ROM and GApps, go back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and select the “Reboot” option. Your device will now reboot into the new operating system.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed LineageOS 14.1 on your Blu R1 HD.
LineageOS 14.1 is a great option for users who want a free and open-source operating system that gives them greater control over their devices. By following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can easily install LineageOS 14.1 on your Blu R1 HD and enjoy all the features and benefits of this custom ROM.
Remember to backup your data and follow the pre-requisites carefully before starting the installation process. Also, make sure to download the correct ROM and GApps packages for your device.
Once you have installed LineageOS 14.1, you can customize your device to your liking and enjoy a more secure and private operating system.